Monday, October 20, 2008

pOLiTiCs~Colin Powell Endorses Obama







REPUBLICAN now DEMOCRAT




Check out video.





Click Here to Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_NMZv6Vfh8


After a healthy political conversation with my mom about the difference between Republican & Democratic party lines, I discovered one important fact--I never took Polotics 101. On August 27, 2008, my quest for political enlightment was initiated. As many know, I was not a registered voter. I struggled with the whole idea of voting for someone based on distorted facts AND voting solely to support your party. Who knew that one day I would alter my perspective on exercising my right to vote? Thank you mom for that wonderful email. I registered to vote NOT because the majority deemed it vital, BUT becasue I was equipped with the knowledge and puropse for why I choose to vote.

Below is a wonderful article I found. May you find it as inspiring & reassuring as we enter this monumental presidential election.

Article:

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell announced Sunday that he will break with his party and vote for Sen. Barack Obama. "He has both style and substance. I think he is a transformational figure," Powell said on NBC's Meet the Press.
"I come to the conclusion that because of his ability to inspire, because of the inclusive nature of his campaign, because he is reaching out all across America, because of who he is and his rhetorical abilities -- and you have to take that into account -- as well as his substance -- he has both style and substance," Powell said. "He has met the standard of being a successful president, being an exceptional president."




[Article Source: THE HUFFINGTON POST] http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/19/colin-powell-endorses-oba_n_135895.html

No comments:

Post a Comment